Saturday, January 26, 2013

Best Friends

 My daughter has had her best friend since pre-school.  I wanted to do something nice for her, so I decided to try making a layout using a photo from their first play date.   You can't tell from the photo, but they are both sitting inside a batmobile car near the shave ice shop.  I don't think they could both fit in it now!


I really wanted to use my new Prima stencil on this layout, so I started with the Firefly background paper (one of my favorites!) and used my Dreamweaver paste with the stencil.  After pasting, I used some glitter on the paste while it was still wet.  Here's a better look...


For the frame, I used a Sizzix thinlet die and cut it out of watercolor paper.  Then I sprayed it with my Lindy's stamp gang spray.  I know you can't tell from the photo but it has a pearly shimmer to it.


Then it was time to embellish!  So I found all my purple, pink and white flowers and went to town gluing them onto the layout.  Most of them are by Petaloo with a few by Prima, Wild Orchid Crafts, and All Natural Accents.  Forgot to mention that I added in some Zva rhinestone flourishs under the flowers.

Here's the best part!  I got the canvas pennants by Prima recently and wanted to use it on my layout.  I decided to spray them as well to get the color I wanted, then strung them onto some sheer ribbon.  After figuring out where I wanted it to go, I glued them down to the layout and added some white flowers.  Found some chipboard letters and used them to spell out best friends.


Here's the rest of the title.


I have a feeling I will need to make another one soon.  She is now besties with her BFF's sister, so I know they'll be asking for another layout with all three of them!

7 comments:

Linda said...

Oh Jenny! I love this! You sure are coming up with some fantastic projects!!! Hugs, Kimmie

Cami said...

Another beautiful layout, Jenny. Love how you "colored" everything. Lucky you have a "craft store" in your craft room...so many supplies!

Cami♥

Leanne said...

Pretty layout Jenny! Something she will cherish forever.
I've always wondered how does one store the finished page when it has all those beautiful flowers, gems and 3-D effects. In a frame, or do you put it in a plastic sleeve?

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Ai, so cute!!!!

Joy said...

Really pretty! Love all the special touches you made on it. Yeah, you better get started on making more!

Anonymous said...

Oh you paper crafters make such sweet creations!

SuiLan said...

I'm totally lovin all your layouts. I'm always down with shabby chic!