Friday, May 24, 2013

More Graduations!

One of my crafty friends graduated from UH this month.  I didn't get a chance to go to her graduation, but I did make her a card.   Since I don't get to use my graduation stamps too often, I dug this one out of storage and dusted it off.  I'm glad I bought this stamp many moons ago.  I think this stamp company went out of business, but I later heard that you can get them again, but can't remember what the name of the new company is.

Decided to use Kiyomi this time and didn't realize it till afterwards that the recipient's daughter is named Kiyomi too!  Neat-o.  Maybe I should pretend that I planned it that way?  ha ha ha.  Actually I was happy to find a partially colored Kiyomi in my stash.  Yay!  Less coloring for me!

I wanted to make it look like Kiyomi threw her cap in the air, like many graduates do after they walk the line.  I was looking for some dotted lines in my collection of stamps and surprisingly, the only one I could find was part of this new clear set that I got by Lawn Fawn. It was part of a bee set.  Love how the dotted lines form a heart!



UH's colors are red and white (I think!), so I went with those colors on the card.  Here's a better look at Kiyomi....


Oki doki. I'm thinking I'm going dark on this blog for a bit.  Need to do some posting for Sister Stamps Release #14 and have some family stuff to attend to, so bye for now!!

8 comments:

Leanne said...

Oh Jenny!! This is so cute!!! Great concept! I have a Birthday stamp like that one, but that Graduation one would have come in handy. Kiyomi looks perfect and way to combine that cute dotted heart under the cap, it's seemless and adorable! I know your friend will love it.
Have fun with all the events. See you soon.
xx
;D

kaleilani said...

hello love the concept of the card !!! love the sentiment where can I get that from?

Heidi Brawley said...

LOVE your card!!! It is really Awesome and creative!!! hugs, Heidi

Nadine said...

Fabulous card! I struggle with making graduation cards so I absolutely love that you shared this concept! Pinning this and so gonna case it, lol!

Jazzmom said...

This card is absolutely adorable! I like how you have her tossing her cap in the air; great idea!! ... I, too, might CASE this one (giving you design credit of course!)
;D

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Ai, so cute. You're so clever! Love how Kiyomi is tossing her grad cap in the air.

eunice said...

wow, never would have even thought to use Kiyomi this way...fabulous idea!!!! Love, love how your grad card turned out. Wondering if the grad cap is part of that stamps set too? I got grad cards to make too, and I'm just in a slump...thanks for the inspiration!

Shirley N said...

Love your card design Jenny. Beautiful card!