Thursday, September 19, 2013

Baby Gift Card

Yes!  I have another card to share.  Told you I was on a roll!  My cousin had a baby over the summer and I was late again in sending out something for the baby.  Yes, I know, no excuses! Oh well.  

As I sat and stared night after night trying to figure out what king of card to make, I finally decided to use the actual Target gift card as the focal point.  I really liked the gift card cause it was in the shape of a onesie!  Plus it had that really cute bee on it.  Since I think I pretty much sold off all my baby scrapbooking supplies, I decided to work with what I had.  

Decided to start with some old Doodlebug paper and folded it so that it opened from the top instead of on the side.  Adhered a slightly smaller piece of Doodlebug cardstock using an old baby girl print.  Then used my trimmer and cut out a frame that would fit the gift card holder.  Then added some glue dots to the back of the gift card and adhered it to the inside of the card.


To finish it off, I cut out a tiny bow using a Sizzix die that my dear friend Cami gave to me.  Thanks Cami!  See!  I'm using it!  I gotta say, I'm totally bow crazy now.  Can't wait for my Stampin Up bow die to arrive!

Ok stop in again soon as I have another project to share!

3 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

So cute. Love the bow!!!!

Cami said...

Such a pretty and sweet card here! Glad you like the little bow die...BUT, I'm loving the one you gave me for my BD. I felt so bad that I could enjoy it and you're waiting for yours! I'm really making lots of bows! Big ones, small ones, medium ones... they help dress everything up. Love this card...so sweet!

Leanne said...

Very cute and very clever!!
Even tho it's late I'm sure your cousin loved it and I bet you she asks for the gc back so she can keep it on her adorable card.
^.^