Sunday, October 27, 2013

Shabby Pumpkins

Last weekend I was asked to do a make 'n take for Island Scrapbooking's 10 Anniversary Sale. Congrats Michele for making it to 10 years!

I wanted to keep the project relatively simple as the make 'n takes are for crafters of all levels and participants come in at different times, so you need something easy to follow to keep the flow going.  While trying to figure out what I wanted to make, I found this video on YouTube by MsLiberty25.  Check out the link here... Shabby Pumpkin Tutorial.  There are several pumpkins she makes on the video, but I decided to go with the strip pumpkins for the make 'n take.

Here's what I came up with...  Decided to cut them up at the 6" size, but the purple one is a little larger, so I could show them that you can make them bigger or smaller.


Added some roses I made using my SU flower punch and following this tutorial by Creative Zoe.  I actually started making these roses before deciding to put them on my pumpkin.  They are very addicting to make, so I suggest you mass produce them so you have a bunch to play with when you need them.

I think this green one is my favorite..


Decided to use some of my old white large flowers by Petaloo for this one.


And this is the Prima paper that was used in the actual make 'n take.



And the cool thing is that they are functional too!  You can slide open the strips and stick some candy in there.  I love how they came out!  Now that's my kind of pumpkin!  Happy Halloween everyone!

Don't forget to check out the Sister Stamps blog.. we are previewing the releases for November!  

1 comment:

Linda said...

This is awesome Jenny! TFS!