Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Happy Birthday Michele! (and puppies too!)

What do you get someone who owns a Scrapbook store?????? Your guess is as good as mine. So instead of getting her craft supplies, I made her something that I didn't think she would make for herself. I know because I make these for a lot of people, but have yet to make one for myself! :)
The biggest challenge was finding out just what Michele likes!? She likes so many of the different products that she carries in her store that it was hard to choose. I finally decided on The Greetings Farm stamps since she seems to like them a lot. These images are kinda big, so I had to figure out what size and shape to use as the calendar base. I decided to go with a standard 5x7 rectangle since it would be able to hold at least 2 TGF images along with the month and month title. These calendars take awhile, so I really should have started earlier.. but I'm a procrastinator and had so many other projects to work on before I had to do my major clean up for when my mom comes to visit (yay!).
Back to the story.... so here's the end product. I tried to pick the Greeting's Farm images I know she likes best.. it was hard to choose because I tend to pick the ones I like best! Can you tell? Most of them are Anyas... hardly any Ians.
In case you are wondering... the calendar is for the 2nd half of 2009 and the first half of 2010. No sense in making a calendar that is half used!
Supplies used: (please forgive me as there was a lot of supplies I used for this project)
Stamps- The Greetings Farm
Dies- Sizzix and Spellbinders
Markers- Copics
Glitter- Stickles
Cardstock- Bazzil
DP- Doodlebug, Imaginisce, Bo Bunny
Dew Drops- The Robin's Nest
Border punch- Martha Stewart Crafts
Calendar- printed from my computer
Now, you are probably wondering why I made a comment about puppies... Michele just emailed me that her dog had her puppies today! Neat-o... same day as Michele's birthday! Happy Birthday to all!

3 comments:

Denise said...

Absolutely Beautiful!!! OMGosh, that looks like a lot of work. She will LOVE IT!!

eunice said...

Wow! What a wonderful gift for a friend. I'll bet Michele was thrilled to receive such a lovely gift.

Cheryl said...

What a cute gift for Michele!!! She'll love it! That's a lot of Anya stamps.