Monday, June 8, 2009

Graduate Ian Pop Up Card

My DH asked me to make a graduation card for someone he plays Taiko with. The school colors are blue and gold and it was for a boy, so I automatically thought of Graduate Ian! I had purchased the digital images from The Greetings Farm but didn't really use it yet, so I was excited to have a reason to.
Since the Pop Up Card Class was still fresh in my mind, I decided to make it a pop up card. Once you get the hang of it, you can whip it up pretty quickly. Instead of stamping the cover, I decided to see if embossing the cover would work. So I used my Congratulations Cuttlebug embossing folder on the cover and it seemed to work- it didn't affect the mechanism of opening and closing the card.
Now, you can't see from this angle, but at the top of the slider, I stamped "hooray" 3xs. Sorry, just couldn't get a good angle of it on my messy desk.
Supplies used:
Graduate Ian- The Greetings Farm
Congratulations embossing folder- Cuttlebug
Congratulations Graduate stamp- Hero Arts
Hooray stamp- Dandelion Designs
Cardstock- Bazzil, DCWV and gold Jac paper (Dreamweaver)
Markers- Copics
Have a great week!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Hi Jenny! Awesome card! Can't wait to see what you create next! Have a wonderful week! xoxo, Linda

Donna said...

Jenny, I love this card. You are really having fun with this design layout. I didn't take this class (silly me), yet they offered it 3 times! I am asking Island Scrapbooking to please have it again, because I can see from your sample that the possiblities are ENDLESS!