Monday, July 20, 2009

Face Painting Adventures

Every year my department does face painting as a fundraiser at the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life in Hilo. I was this year's co-captain, so I was in charge of face painting. Luckily we were able to get some pretty artistic volunteers to help us this year! Thank you to Sara, Kami, Jodie, Teri, and Wendi for spending most of your night helping us raise money for Relay.
Kami's first special request...
A Jamba Juice employee asked for the JJ logo on her cheek... I think Sara did a great job!
Another custom design by Kami...
Look- it even breathes fire!
Finally, I couldn't not have a Hello Kitty design available, right? I decided to make my own "stamp" by cutting a foamie using my HK Sizzlits. It didn't cut all the way through since I used a thick foamie, so I ended up cutting by hand following the cut marks. Then I mounted it on another piece of foam and voila! This was very popular with the older girls.
We also got some unusual requests... a moustache, a unibrow, and a blue face! I guess we'll paint anything for a $1!

1 comment:

Kyoko said...

Hi Jenny! Love your HK card and wowee, look at all the face painting. What a fun job!