Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Teri's Make and Take

As promised, here's the make and take I did at Teri's. She's actually teaching a gift card class next month, which will include this project. I really really really want to go! She gave us a sneak peek at the other gift card holders that are included in the class and they are awesome! I give a lot of gift cards, so these will be very useful for me.
For the front of the holder, we used the new CC's design Halloween Stamps. I nicknamed her "pumpkin head". Guess I was just feeling silly.
Here's the magic part... when you open up the cover, the gift card pops up! Awesome yah?
Before I rushed off to pick up my husband at the airport (yes, he waited over an hour for me to pick him up... but he was busy watching the Thunderbirds anyway!), Teri told me to do the "bonus" project. I was puzzled when she gave me the already cut kit to make these cute gift cards.... She replied... "I always do a bonus project at my classes". Yippee! She's so awesome!
Here's the inside of the card (we made 5 of these).
In addition to these two projects, Teri also showed us how to use the Martha Stewart spiderweb punches (border and corner) so that it connects perfectly. She said she learned how to do this from Cheryl...I'm so glad she shared this with us. I bought these punches, but haven't tried to use them together yet... now I know how to do it! Yay!
Wow! I didn't actually expect to go home with projects! Thanks again Teri for a fun filled day!
Later I'll post the other stuff we did this weekend (the real reason we went to Honolulu!).

3 comments:

joni h said...

what fun projects! I like that gift card holder, going to have to try it again (my 1st attempt was a failure).
I like the color combo of the card! TFS!

Cyndi said...

That is a cool make and take! Lucky you learned how to do the border punch, I bought one and I'm totally lost! :(

Islander Girl said...

Don't you just love Teri's projects?

Hey when you get the chance could you please send me an email so I can send you some info and ask you a few question about your blog?

Thanks! Have a good night!