Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Even Polar Bears Need A Little Cocoa

I decided to try making the bear from the Two Scoops Rice Hot Cocoa Set into a polar bear. Even though he's used to cold environments, he needs a little cocoa too.. right? Because he looked so cool and frosty, I decided to use my new Martha Stewart Snowflake corner punch around him. My friend Debi taught a class using this technique- you can use any corner punch and it will work!
To keep it simple, I used regular cardstock and ran it through my snowflake embossing folder for texture. I didn't want the background to overpower the image.
Here's a close up of the bear. I must say that choosing to do a polar bear was a lot less coloring!
Supplies:
Hot Cocoa Bear- TSR
Have a Cozy Holiday sentiment- TSR
Snowflake corner punch- MS Crafts
Snowflake embossing folder- Cuttlebug
Markers- Copics
Cardstock- Bazzil
DP- Bo Bunny
Stickles
You still have time to enter into the Two Scoops Rice Challenge. Click here for more info..

6 comments:

Linda said...

Hi Jenny! I am loving this card! Mr. Bear is such a cutie! Makes me want some hot cocoa now! I'll bet it's chilly in Hilo, huh? I gotta make it back there one of these days to hook up with you and craft! Take care my friend and enjoy the rest of your week!

Joy said...

so cute! like the idea that you made him into a polar bear! those TSRD images are so cute! I finally got some of my own! yay! the weather here is getting very chilly...how is it over there? hope all is well! happy hump day!

Maylee said...

He is adorable as a polar bear! Love the snowy background you set him in.

joni h said...

cute! cute! cute!! very creative with the punch! love it when you can get multiple uses out of a "toy!"

Denise said...

So cute! I love the blue's that you used. I want a cup of hot chocolate now. LOL
Hugs~

Enjoli said...

So cute! You are so creative to make the bear white. =)