Monday, December 14, 2009

Peace, Joy, and Love

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. Mine was super busy... we baked on Saturday, then went to the Keaau Christmas Parade. My husband's Taiko group has a float every year, so we went to go see it. The parade is at night and they use Christmas lights on all the floats.. reminds me of the Disney Electrical Parade. The theme this year was "Storybook Christmas", so since they are a Taiko group, they wanted to do a Japanese story. They ended up choosing Momotaro. My husband had the bright idea of making masks for the drummers to wear on the float. Here's two of the Oni masks. My husband admitted he actually enjoyed making them.. see there's a crafter in all of us!!
Today we did the Easter Seals Gingerbread House, which was really fun. My DH surprised me by buying an extra house for me! He knows how much I enjoy decorating it and didn't want me fighting w/my daughter and her friend! LOL!!! It was so much fun to decorate our houses and then walk around and see everyone else's. All that fun for a good cause- can't wait till next year's event!
So since I've been really busy, here's a card that I made a couple of weeks ago but didn't post. This bear is by Gillian Roberts Designs. My friend Debi gave it to me for my b-day. Its so cute I can't stand it. I also used the SU Sizzix deco strip with Peace, Love, Joy, and Cheer.
Here's a close up of the bear.
Have a great week! Can you believe its less than 2 weeks till Christmas!??
Supplies:
Santa Bear- Gillian Roberts Designs
Stickles
DP- Imaginisce
Markers- Copics
Square and scallop square dies- Spellbinders
Cardstock- Bazzil
Peace Joy Love sentiment- Sizzix

2 comments:

Joy said...

such cute pics! love the card you made! it's so stinkin cute! love how you colored him! you did a great job! TFS! happy Monday!

Denise said...

Girls are so precious! Thanks for sharing the cute pics.