Friday, April 30, 2010

Lots Of Everything Wonderful

Just had to try out this new paper by October Afternoon. Although its floral, the colors are a little out of my comfort zone. I decided to go with orange for the card base since it matched some of the flowers. Used the flower technique I learned in Debi's class to create the pop up flower on the front. This time I didn't spritz it- but I wish I did. Even the inside of the card is outside of my comfort zone. I normaly don't stamp the sentiment directly on the background, but I'm liking how it came out! Just picked up this cute image of Gretel by CC's designs from Island Scrapbooking. She's an older design but I was happy to add her to my collection. Here's a better look at the inside. I know you can't tell from the photo but I stickeled her wings and the butterfly's trail. Supplies:
  • Gretel image- CC's designs
  • Grass punch- MS Crafts
  • Buttefly punch and scallop punch- EK Success
  • Flower die- Spellbinders
  • Flower and crystals- Hero Arts
  • Sentiment- Hero Arts
  • DP- October Afternoon
  • Cardstock- Bazzil
  • Brad- American Crafts

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely card! TFS :)

Joy said...

this card came out so cute! love that image and you did a wonderful job with the flower. pretty DP chosen too. have a great Monday!

eunice said...

Oh, love the design of this card and how it opens up. Will you share how it's made? Really like the cute stamped images you used and how you embellished with the flower.