Sunday, June 20, 2010

Distressed Sympathy

As you already know, sympathy cards are my least favorite type of card to make. I finally broke down and bought a few sympathy stamps "in case". This is my favorite one by far- its by Paper Inspirations and there are all types of sentiments aside from sympathy. My friend's father recently passed away, so I wanted to make a card to send to her and her family. I decided to go with the distressed look again but kept it more subtle. Used some of the colors that I haven't played with yet (weathered wood, bundled sage) and then stamped it with the fern stamp using versamark and applied mica powder. Also got a sympathy stamp set by CC's Designs from Island Scrapbooking. This set has a great variety of sentiments- I'm sure you'll find one that is appropriate in this set. Used one of the sentiments for the inside of the card. Supplies:
  • Distress inks- Ranger
  • Sympathy stamp (cover)- Paper Inspirations
  • Sympathy sentiment- CC's Designs
  • Cardstock- Bazzil
  • Fern stamp- Stamp Yourself Silly

2 comments:

Shirley N said...

Beautifully done, I love this!

eunice said...

I agree with you completely about making sympathy cards...I still can't get myself to making them. But your card is so beautiful, the colors you selected are perfect, so comforting...great job, Jenny!