Thursday, September 1, 2011

Season's Greetings

Gearing up for another Christmas card class in August at Island Scrapbooking... I really wanted to make a white on white card this time, but somehow my mirrored silver cardstock snuck in. I decided to make a frame using my reverse wonky rectangle dies by Spellbinder and popped it up a bit on the mirrored cardstock. Before doing so, I embossed the frame using a Sizzix embossing folder. Added the Season's Greetings sentiment by Island Scrapbooking and some snowflakes for fun (Martha Stewart). Very simple and easy to put together. I find my students like simple cards in class, no one seems to like coloring all that much, so I try not to do too many cards that require coloring. Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

kris said...

Beautiful!! i'm dreaming of a white Christmas now!! hehe!

1LuvnMama said...

Luv the embossing and the white on white! Sometimes is good to take a break from coloring although it's so much fun. I luv doing cards like this but don't get a chance to do them often. Thanks for sharing and for inspiring Jenny!

eunice said...

Such a beautiful and elegant Christmas card, Jenny! Love that embossing folder...gonna have to seek that one out! And the intricate punched snowflakes add the perfect touch to this card...your students are gonna have fun creating this one!

Mary J said...

Great way to frame that sentiment Jenny! Love that embossing!

Teresa Kline said...

this is gorgeous, I adore the white snowflakes...have a great week!

enjoy *~*

Shirley N said...

Oh Jenny, this is just gorgeous! Love your embossed frame and your wonky die cutout! Love this layout, thanks for the inspiration!