Friday, August 22, 2014

RAKs for my Crafty Friends

 See.. told you I've been crafting!  Just not posting!  Sorry about that.. but I have some time now and I'm trying to catch up on posts to show you what I've made. I think I mentioned this before but we are not supposed to buy any RAKs for each other.. we can only give each other food items or handmade items.

First up are some shaped tags that were inspired by Tmika.  You can check out her blog here... and her YT channel here.  She's one of my favorites to watch!  She's so cute- makes me want to make everything she makes.  She hosted a swap that I was too chicken to enter, but I still wanted to play along, so I just made my own and shared them with my friends.  


 I cannot take credit for these.  I saw the mason jar on her video and someone posted the bubble gum machine tag on her facebook page as a share.  I loved both of them and really wanted to make some!  I still want to make the teacup one too.. need to try that out soon!


 The other thing I gave them was some altered clothespins.  The first group of clothespins were inspired by my friend Rina Scrapstress!!  She made some cute flowers using shells as the center, so I copied her use of shells onto this clothespin.  I used the Prima Seashore paper and corrugated stack by DCWV for the hearts.  Included some cheesecloth and twine before adding the shells and pearls. I love how they came out!


I made some Hello Kitty and rosette clothes pins as well.  Here they are packaged up.



And also gave them some handmade flowers.  CreativeKelly4rmCali did a tutorial on how to make kanzashi flowers that copied.  I also tried out Natalie's (Putsomeblingonit) 9 petal flower tutorial.  (Thank you ladies!)


Thanks for stopping by!  Have more projects to share.. including my swap!

1 comment:

Leanne said...

These are awesome! You have been busy! I bet they all loved getting these. TFS!