Thursday, July 11, 2013

Thanks Aunty!

Aunty Debi helped us get the facility for Akemi's birthday party this year.  Thanks Debi!  Akemi had so much fun with her friends and we owe it to you and your family!  Here's a card I made to thank her and her husband.  While surfing You Tube, I saw Tamika's CASE it card Tuesday video here... and fell in love! Thanks Tamika!

The flower I used was handmade and also inspired by You Tube.  It's made out of satin fabric and the middle is an acrylic flower.  Finally used those beaded wheat leaf thingys that I was struggling with.  Thanks to Cami for showing me how to use them!


Inside the cris cross card, I inserted another card...


Here's a bird's eye view of both...


For the card, I punched out a circle out of a scrap cardstock and punched a SU butterfly out in blue cardstock and vellum to insert in the circle.  Added some pearls to the center of the butterfly.


Added an Island Scrapbooking Thank You sentiment and some Petaloo flowers.  Almost forgot, glued some pearl trim around the edge of the circle.  It's not as easy as it looks!


Inside the card, I added an envelope using the Tim Holtz mini manila envelope die.  It's perfect for holding gift cards or other goodies.  I stuck in a GC to Debi's favorite restaurant.  She's so friendly, the workers all know who she is!


OK Deb- thanks again and don't forget to take your family too!!  Bwahahahahaha!

2 comments:

Leanne said...

Pretty!!

Jazzmom said...

This Thank You card is very elegant! Love it!