Phew! I sure had a hard time recovering from the Labor Day weekend! I guess I'm getting old cause I could totally handle before, but I feel like I've been a zombie this whole week! Thank goodness I only had to work 4 days after the holiday before my next day off!
So during my trip, I got together with my crafty peeps so that we could share our swap projects. This time we headed to Tsukiji restaurant for some yummy sushi and other goodies. I tell you, it's always best to go with Mrs. Lum cause she will always get us the best table, etc. LOL!
After lunch, we shared our swap projects with each other. This time it was Kyoko's pick and she decided on an altered clipboard. The "rules" this time around was that we had to have the following on our project:
- Magnolia image
- Use the color red
So we almost postponed the swap because everyone was having a hard time with it... especially Linda! She said she stayed up to 3:00am the night before trying to finish it. I will share everyone else's project in my next post.
So we decided that since this was a bigger project, we would only make it for one person (not all 3). Kyoko told us our swap partner would be the person that made our canvas for us, so last time I had Cami, she would make for me... Lind made the canvas for me, so I make for her.
After starting my project, stopping, looking at it, then scrapping it... I finally got inspired and put the decoration portion of it together in one night.
I started off by painting the clipboard around the edge with gesso, then white acrylic paint. that way, I didn't have to worry about sizing the paper all the way to the edge since the clipboard portion would be in the way. After that dried, I used some of that wood looking paper (sorry I think it's by Kaisercraft but it's kinda old). I decided to go mostly white and cream with red accents.
Pictured above is the lace I used to dangle from the bottom of the clipboard. I love that trim. Really need to find me some more of that. Then I also put some of that small daisy trim around the edges so that you don't notice the paint job too much. (It's all about layering!) Then I added a resin frame that I got from Prima ArtVenture when we went to LA last January. I really wanted to use the Mangolia that is peeking around the corner, so I used the frame as the base for her to peek from. Then I layered one of the wood "friends" that I picked up from SaCrafters on Zibbet. I just ran the wood across my black Archival ink pad to give it the black color.
Here's a better look at the image. I think she's my favorite. Oh, and there's the pearl heart!
I made the cream colored roses awhile ago and decided to use them on this project. I had added some glitter too for a frosty look. You can also see the pearl bling and acrylic flower I used in the cluster.
And I had completely forgot about the ribbon, so good thing I checked the guidelines again. Just added a bow made with seam binding onto the clip portion and then a red rose in the center.
Thanks for checking in! I'll share the rest of the clipboard projects soon.