Sunday, March 1, 2009

Faux Cloissone and Make-and-Take

I was finally able to take an Island Scrapbooking class called Faux Cloissone a few months ago. I had seen the sample in the store for months, but just wasn't able to make any of the scheduled classes. The technique that was taught involved several steps. I'm glad I took the class because I don't think I'd ever be able to figure it out! Here's the 2 cards that I made in the class:
I also went to Ben Franklin last weekend and did a few of their make-and-takes. One of them was a washi covered wood box (not posted here). My daugther now uses it to collect change from around the house.
The first project featured here is a wall hanging. You could actually do two wall hangings, one with kanji and the other was with a fan. I really liked how they came out, but I don't know if I'd ever do them again.
The other project was a Girl's day card using a Hero Arts set. I don't think you can tell by the photo but the girls are actually stamped in layers. I had to cut out each layer (i.e. face, hair) separately and put them all together on one main image. Its very simple but came out cute. The dresses were stamped on mulberry paper so we didn't have to color them in. The hair on the middle girl was crimped with a paper crimper to give it texture. I thought that was a neat idea.

2 comments:

Denise said...

Your cards are all so Beautiful!

Laura said...

You'll have to teach me the cloissone technique, it looks super cool.