Thursday, December 16, 2010

Class Goodies

Christmas Break has arrived! Well, not really for me, but for my family, so I've been busy (in between my calendar making) finishing up making xmas goodies for Akemi's class. We went more practical this year and bought some xmas themed pencils from Walmart. It was about a dozen in a pack (3 designs) for $1! Can't beat that price, so I picked up several packs so that I could give each child one of each pencil. Packaging pencils has always been an issue for me- its long, skinny, and never seems to fit nicely in a bag. Luckily, I remembered Jean's post on Dandelion Designs Blog which would work for my pencils. Jean has really neat ideas, so if you haven't visited her blog yet, you'll want to check it out for great templates and ideas for her cute stamps! Thanks Jean! Anyway, all I did was measure the size of the pencils to come up with my custom packaging. I don't have a crimper for the ends, so I just sealed it using my double stick tape. Punched two holes on the top and tied it with some curling ribbon and added my tag. Here's all 25 that I made (xtras for her friends not in her class)... Used my new PTI stamp set called Tiny Treats Christmas since they fit nicely onto the heart tag I wanted to use. Since the images are small, I colored them up in no time and taped them to the scallop heart. The set comes with 18 designs but I only used my favorite 5 stamps. I picked these because I thought the kids would like them more than the other designs... Can't forget the teacher right?? Every year I make a calendar for my daughter's teacher in a school theme. Sorry- didn't take a photo of it before I wrapped it. I did remember to take a picture of the tag though... used the bear from LOTV holding a star. It was a nice break to be able to make something other than a calendar! Well... back to work!

2 comments:

Creative Grammie said...

What an excellent idea! Your tags are so cute!
Hugs!

Unknown said...

So adorable!! I love it!!