Monday, May 21, 2012

Harry Potter Birthday

 Yes, its time to start party planning again.  The end of the school year is always hectic in our household.  Not only is there the end of the year stuff, we also have ballet performances and a birthday party all in the same week!  This year Akemi is happy that ballet is not on her birthday as it has been the last few years.  AND a special guest is going to help celebrate this year!  Aunty is visiting just in time to help us with Akemi's Harry Potter themed party.  Now, Aunty is considered to be the Harry Potter expert in our family, so Akemi is sooo excited to have her attend.  Originally it was supposed to just be family, but we allowed her to invite a few friends.

I got the idea the other day to make these Hedwig favors to go with the theme.  At first I wasn't sure how to make an all white owl... so he's not all white as you can see. Oh well, I'm sure the kids won't notice.. that is, except for Akemi.  I'm sure she'll tell me how its wrong, but beggers can't be choosers.



Here's a close up of the owl.


I'm sure I'll be back with more stuff to share from this hectic week...

2 comments:

Linda said...

Very cool favors girly! I'm sure Akemi loved them!

P.S. - You need a nickname ...

Lani ^_^ said...

Hahahahahahahaha! "Beggers can't be choosers"! You made me lol! I love the owls by the way. Thinking about taking up either sewing or crafting here in hono.