Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Stain Inspiration

Back in April, the Paper Crafter's Library blog featured the new Distress Stains by Ranger.  After just coming off of my Tim Holtz Online Card Class high, I was eager for more Distress info.  One of their cards totally caught my eye... click here for the link and scroll down to the bottom of the post to see my inspiration.

How easy is it to create a nice background using Distress Stains?  I was a bit hesitant about purchasing the stains since I already had most of the ink pads, but this totally convinced me.  I used crushed olive, stormy sky and concord grape to make this card.  You can't tell since I took the photo on my craft sheet, but I mounted it on kraft cardstock.  After I used the stains for the background, I stamped the leaf and sentiment using Archival Ink. Both stamps are by Hero Arts.



I was trying to make some samples for my upcoming class with Debi, and was playing around with my stains.  Totally loving the look and ease of this technique!  If you are in the Hilo area, hope you can join us for our first joint class together!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Totally loving this card - the color combo is great and the stamps are the perfect choice. You and Debi are gonna have fun at your class. Wish I could be there! Hugs, Kimmie