Thursday, February 26, 2009

Bags, Bags and More Bags!
Just couldn't stay away... Here's a few more bags to share. Using the Build a Lilac Sizzix die, I cut a lot of the small flower out of fabric and adhered them to the bag in the shape of a heart. I then added crystals to each flower to give it something special.
This bag was made using the Bigz Sandal and Bigz Build a Flower set. The middle of the flowers are crystals from Ben Franklin.
Finally, this last bag was made using the sizzlits cupcake die. I used different colord crystals as the sprinkles and outlined the frosting with glitter paint.
It's amazing how a little paper can really bring something to life! I just added some paper to these plain gift bags and it really made a difference! The digital designs are again by Nancy Kubo. The kit is called Aloha Sweeties, aren't they sweet? I can't stop using them in my projects. The Sweeties were cut out using oval spellbinders nestabilities and then colored cardstock was cut using the scallop ovals. I never thought I wanted to have ovals but I am sure using these sets a lot! I guess I didn't realize how much things are actually oval shaped. I highly recommend these sets. I use them all the time!
Here's an example of how just a strip of paper can add a lot. I just got some washi paper scraps and added them to a gift bag and voila! Instant easy packaging.
OK, my favorite again.
Background paper used was by DCWV paper packs. The clothes and bow were Bazzil Scraps. Hello Kitty dies from Sizzix were cut with a pearly paper, so they shine.
This Hello Kitty is the Princess Hello Kitty Sizzix die. I used gold cardstock for her crown and put red glitter glue in each heart. The paper used is by American Crafts.
All of these gift bags were surprisingly easy to make and very quick. Much faster than I expected. I was able to do about 20 of them in a couple of days. My mom had asked me to buy her some of the smaller gift bags since she liked that size. She doesn't know that I decorated them for her. She'll definitely be surprised! Hello Kitty is her favorite too!

No comments: