Friday, February 27, 2009

Calendars

Even though the calendar making season is pretty much over, I thought I'd post some of the calendars I've made as gifts over the years. I didn't take photos of all of my calendars, but here's some of my favorites. Initially the calendar that I scrap lifted this from was retangular in shape, but I made a few of those and eventually got bored and started playing around with other shapes.
The first one is an asian themed calendar for my friend Ella that loves red. I used red, black, gold and white cardstock as the base colors. To decorate each month, I used various stamps from my collection. I believe most of the stamps used are Hanko designs. The months was Quickutz calendar die set, which I've used a lot. I just like the font they used. If the word is too long, I just abbreviate it. I also used sakura punch with another pixel punch for the center.
You can't tell from these images but the first 6 months are on one side and the second 6 months are on the other side.
The second calendar featured here was a birthday gift for my sister-in-law. I personalized it with photos of our daughters from their last trip to Hawaii. I guess it was a calender scrapbook! The Hello Kitty on top was the Hello Kitty face die and the flower on top was from the Hello Kitty Bigz flower die. Many of the smaller Hello Kitty images were Hello Kitty stickers.
The last calendar is a variation on the shape. Instead of using circles, I decided to use squares. I ended up cutting each square on my cricut using George Basic Shapes Cartridge. Hello Kitty Stickers are from Sandylion. Months are cut using the Quickutz calender dies again. Flowers used were from Queen and Co.

No comments: