Friday, June 5, 2009

Surf's Up!

Its Aloha Friday... no work till Monday! Yipee! This week went zoom zoom zooming by. I can't believe its Friday already! Yay! Time for me to work on some crafts! Here's my first project for the weekend... I finally opened up my new XL Sizzix Spinning Platform die and decided it was time to use it. Now if you look at the die itself, there is only one piece that will be cut from the die and frankly, you can't tell what the heck the piece is for. After reading the instructions several times, I figured it out- its really not that hard and very quick to make.
The front of my card was actually made after I had planned out what the spinning image would be. Do you like the little crab at the bottom? He's a custom laser design from Island Scrapbooking. I used a red crab and shadowed him with a black crab to give him a little dimension.
Since the image would be "spinning", I tried to find an image that would look cool if it moved... so I chose Surfer Ian from the Greetings Farm. He was perfect!
Voila! Here's what the card looks like when you open it...
Here's a closer image of the Surfer Dude!
In case you were wondering, the "waves" were emobssed with my swirls Cuttlebug Embossing Folder and I hand cut out which waves I wanted to use for the card. I then sanded the raised areas so that the white core would show. The "Aloha" sentiment and small crab are also custom laser cuts from Island Scrapbooking (click here for IS site).
Other supplies used:
Surfboard paper- Bo Bunny
Background paper- The Stamping Station
Surf's Up Dude sentiment- cut from The Blocky Bunch decorative strip by Sizzix
Cardstock- Bazzil
Well, the night is still young and I have a lot of projects brewing in my mind. PLUS I'm taking a cool class tomorrow! It's nice to have a free weekend for once.. hope you have a great one!

1 comment:

eunice said...

This is neat! I've been so curious about this Sizzix spinning platform...does it really spin? I really like how you used surfing Ian for your card and what a great idea to use the cuttlebug swirls for waves...you are so creative!