Sunday, August 2, 2009

Prom.. At My Age?

Normally, we attend weddings as the hired help, so its rare that we are actually considered to be guests at a wedding. Last night, we attended a wedding for one of my DH's co-workers. My DH told me that it was a "semi-formal" event and added it was an "adult affair". I asked him what "semi-formal" meant and he told me.. "think of what you wore to Winterball and that's semi-formal." That would be a funny sight to see me in a strapless short party dress! Now, living in Hilo, there is at least one person who shows up in rubber slippers, a t-shirt, and baseball cap. Normal attire is an aloha shirt and shorts. So my DH was worried about what to wear, so was I. We finally decided on our outfits, and needless to say, we were both underdressed. Oh well.
When we got there, they quickly moved us to the "picture taking area" and had us take a picture together... The girl who escourted us there even told us... "Just like Prom". I had to laugh to myself because I was definitely not dressed for prom. Anyway, at the end of the night, we were supposed to pick up our photos from the sign in table, but we had to leave early and didn't get ours. Ha ha ha ha ha... bet you thought you were going to get to see our "prom shots"?? Nope. Sorry! hee hee hee.
The food was really good- heavy pupus. I think I like that better than buffet style... Maybe its because we have gone to soooo many weddings, its nice to have a change once in awhile.
Anyway, I had to throw this card together at the last minute. I had no idea what their colors were, so I just went with black, white and pink. You can't really see the DP in the back- its actually washi paper by Hanko. Not my best work, but OK for 15 minutes!
Here's a look at the inside.... If I had more time, I think I would've used a flourish stamp with my versamark ink to give the inside a little more detail. Need to keep this in mind for next time.
Supplies used:Cake Topper stamps- The Greeting Farm
Cardstock- Bazzil
Washi paper- Hanko
Heart and scallop heart nestabilities- Spellbinders
Markers- Copics
Glitter paper- Doodlebug Designs

3 comments:

Jodi said...

I think you did a wonderful job on your card, the happy couple will love it!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Michelle Alejandro said...

Love this card and how you decorated the inside. Wow, a chance to dress-up in Hawaii, very rare, lol! TFS!

Kyoko said...

Such a sweet card Jenny! I bet the happy couple LOVED having a handmade creation from you. I laughed to myself about the rubber slipper comment ... so true! LOL!