Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Akemi's Worst Adventure Ever!

Just had to share this habuts face!!! Isn't it so funny??? Akemi was excited to go on our adventure up to Hale Pohaku (just before Mauna Kea). We decided to go one night to see how cold it was and to test out my warm clothing to see if I needed to buy anything for our upcoming Japan trip. Akemi was happy to go on another adventure and wanted to make sure to document it for her adventure book. Needless to say I was FREEZING my butt off... I was OK as long as I was not in the windy area... then my knees started shaking uncontrollaby. DH was laughing at me because the thermometer we took only read up to 52 degrees at the coldest and we think Japan will be in the HIGHs of 50 and Lows of 30. Yikes!? Akemi complained about the cold and then we told her we'd get her a hot chocolate... that's when her adventure became the WORST EVER! Apparently, after I bought the hot cocoa mix for Akemi, DH took her outside to make it since the hot water was outside (not sure why). He apparently forgot to tell her just how hot the water was and she burned her tongue. That's why she's sticking her tongue out in the photo. Oh, by the way, the lighting in there was red and I think they don't want you to use your flash, so this is the best I could do. They take the lighting very seriously since it may distract the scientists. Whatever. Back to the story- So to document her worst adventure ever, I took a couple of photos. DH tried to distract her by showing her the stars through the telescopes that were set up, but she was already in a bad mood. Aunty Les was happy to hear that the Kalapana adventure she took us on (where we got rained on) was no longer Akemi's worst adventure ever!

2 comments:

Leslie's pics said...

WOOOHOOOO! Saved by Hale Pohaku!!

Teri said...

I hate when I burn my tongue!! I do that often because I can't wait to drink my coffee! 52 degrees is just too darn cold for me!! brrrrr...