Thursday, June 2, 2011

Chain Chomp Invites

When I asked Akemi what theme she wanted for her b-day party, she told me she really wanted Mario Bros. Yikes! I think she's about 20 years too late! Oh well, there's not much Mario out there right now, so I had to resort to my own creations. She actually said that she wanted a Chain Chomp invitation, so I came up with a flattened version. Isn't he cute? See, he's even smiling at you! Do you like his teeth? His chain on teeth make it pretty impossible to mail this bugger, but I'm lucky there's only one we really needed to mail out. The rest can be hand delivered. When you open his mouth, you can see all the invite info... Made only about 7 of them... Many had to share one invite! Sorry! Just ran out of steam to make more than that! Hope the kids know what this is! Oh well- hopefully my next b-day party project turns out as planned. Stay tuned!

8 comments:

kris said...

these came out really cute! very unique and fun!! awesome job!

Lani ^_^ said...

Omg! They are sooooo awesome! I absolutely love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maylee said...

Soooo cool!

Shirley N said...

You're so creative Jenny, these are so cute!!!

Michele said...

Awesome invites Jenny!! I'm sure you DD loves them!!

eunice said...

Wow these have got to be the coolest birthday invitations I've seen! So much work, with all the special details you included (love them teeth!) I'm sure Akemi & her friends were delighted with these special cards!

donna mikasa said...

Oh, these are too cute! I'm not familiar with Mario Brothers but these are so clever! They remind me of Oreo cookies--with teeth! Fun!

Jeni said...

Those are awesome-looking! Sorry you didn't find anything at BF today. I'll let you know if I see anything Mario-related come in. Or anything that might be able to be used for anything Mario-related.