Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A Teacher Thank You

See... I told you I was still crafting!  Yes, I had to come up with some last minute teacher gifts for DD's last week of school, so I started surfing the blogs for some ideas and stumbled on the 4-drawer easel card that I know most of you have made before... but I have never, so I decided to try it out.  It was actually very easy to make and didn't take much time at all to get the base done.  It's always the decorating that takes up the most time.

Luckily, I had just purchased some chalkboard vinyl that had arrived.  What better way to decorate the card than with a mini chalkboard!?  I wrote the teacher's name on the board using a chalk marker (highly recommended), but told my daughter to tell her teacher that she could erase it and write whatever notes she wanted to on it.  Here's what the card looks like closed...




And here's what it looks like when its propped open.  I used the post it notes to hold the easel open.  All flowers were from Wild Orchid Crafts except for the one on the clothespin.  Got that from the dollar bin at Michaels.  The cute purple binder clip was from target and the bee brad and paper is by Doodlebug.


Now you can see the mini drawers!  In this one I inserted a mini post it pad.  In the others I added in more colored binder clips.


DD's teacher liked it so much, she asked me to make one more for another teacher! Luckily they were fast to make!

2 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Ho, this is super cute Jenny. I can just see Mrs. Yamanaka admiring it for hours.

eunice said...

Wow, this is really neat! I think I've seen ones similar to this, but I really like how you decorated yours with the personalized chalkboard...such a cool accesory for anyone's desk!