Tuesday, January 15, 2013

That's Amore

I guess I was bit inspired by Valentine's day in this layout.  My real mission was to finally use my Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays!  So promise me you won't laugh.. This is my first layout using the sprays and I had some issues, but the end result was something I could live with, so that's why I'm sharing it with you now.

I stared with a plain white cardstock paper.  That is where I made my mistake.  I think I should've used watercolor paper since spraying can really warp the paper.  Oh well, live and learn.

So the first thing I did was distress the edges.  Then I attempted to use some new stencils and paste I got recently.  I feel rather dum because I think I just tossed out an old bottle of Dreamweaver paste, having vowed I would never paste again, but here I am now using it.  What a waste yah?  Back to the layout... I thought the brick stencil would be fun, so I pasted it in two corners of the layout.  Here's what it looked like after I sprayed them with my Lindy's.  It's hard to tell, but the shimmer sprays come out very pearly- love it!  I think I used bubble gum and cotton candy.

So I decided to go with a Parisian color scheme of pink, black and white... one of my favorite color combos!  Loved this pic by my friend Les (thanks Les!) that she took of Akemi when she came to visit us a couple years ago. Instead of matting the photo like you normally would, I decided to make it off centered for interest.

And what would a Parisian layout be without an Eiffel Tower?  I love this die by La La Land Crafts! At first I thought it was a bit big, but it is actually perfect for layouts!  I love the detail too.  I also used the Twirled Heart Border die by Memory Box. Just love how thin it cuts!

The heart was made using some wire, small flowers and some stickles.  Here's a video by Juliana of I Luv Vintage Scrap that I followed to make my own.  I also used a flourish by Recollections next to the heart along with flowers by Prima.  Since the theme was Parisian, I opted for an "amore" title using some black foam thickers  The black hearts you see are what was cut out from the border die.  Added in some puffy heart stickers from my stash and Prima corner crystals in black.

I'm still learning how to use the sprays.  Hopefully next time I use them I'll get better results!


Linda said...

Love love love this Jenny!

Cami said...

another beautiful layout!

Leslie's pics said...

Hey these are really cute! I think we're due for another photo shoot.... :-)