Monday, April 8, 2013

Japan Haul: All About Rilakkuma

I must admit... this grouchy looking bear is growing on me.  Who couldn't love Rilakkuma after you see him all over Japan?  Even Akemi started noticing him and calling him cute!  I targeted the Rilakkuma store located inside Kiddie Land in Harajuku for one reason... my friend Linda is a Rilakkuma fan.  I thought I'd just pick up a few things for her, then I remembered that her birthday was coming up, so I ended up getting a lot more goodies for her.  I really wish I could've bought her the whole store!

Now I'm typically a Hello Kitty fan myself, but when you go to Japan and see all the other cool stuff, you don't even think about buying Hello Kitty.  I guess it's cause I know I can get her back home?  Rilakkuma is not as common in Hawaii... but I did see some new designs that place him in paradise!  How ironic.. I go to Japan to find Rilakkuma in Hawaii!

So here's the stuff I ended up picking out... hope she doesn't have them yet!


This is a Rilakkuma solar powered figure.  His head bobs up and down in the sun...


I also got this pencil pouch.. mainly because she also likes the Eiffel Tower.


I couldn't resist this fuzzy pencil holder.


Here's a close up of the chopsticks.  Doesn't every Rilakkuma fan need Rilakkuma chopsticks?


And here is the mother of all deco tapes!  I swear it is wider than duck tape!


I liked the mini magnets a lot.. also go the clip magnet.  Those are good to hang on your fridge in the event of a clip emergency.



And couldn't forget the Rilakkuma Gachapon! I didn't open it, but I think its Rilakkuma with a hamburger.


And all us paper nuts need labels right?


I did try to find some Japan exclusive stuff... This is a cell phone charm of Rilakkuma on the Kaminarimon (Large Lantern in Nakamise).


And Rilakkuma playing Gangnam Style with the Tokyo Tower.


This shopping bag was actually purchased at Character Street in the Tokyo Station.  That place was fun too.. will post more about that later!


2 comments:

Linda said...

Oh Jenny! You spoiled me so much with all this Rilakkuma goodness! I absolutely LOVE everything you got me! I need to do a video on this and the other goodies you gave me too! Thanks girly - and see you soon!!! xoxo, Kimmie

Unknown said...

Everything is so kawaii :3