Friday, April 10, 2009

Happy Good Friday!

I just love holidays. Now that I work for government, I get to enjoy ALL of the holidays! Woo hoo! Enough about being off...
Got my new Labels #1 set the other week and remembered seeing several people making owl bags using this shape (actually I think they used the SU Top Note die, but I don't have that) for the owl's head. I made the owl's wings using a scalloped oval die and cut it in half. The feet were made by cutting the scalloped oval into a triangle (I used 3 scallops as my guide). The beak was cut free hand. I cut the eyes using circle punches by Marvy. This owl reminds me of the owl on the old tootsie pop commercial... how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop? 1-2-3... 3! Guess I just showed you how dorky I am.
Here's another card I made just for fun. I like the saying "Seize the cupcake", so I wanted to use it on something. I cut the cupcake out using a Sizzlits die and then embossed the frosting using the Cuttlebug swirls embossing folder. Then I filled in all the swirls with stickles.
Supplies:
Cardstock- Bazzil
Cupcake die- Sizzix
Scallop circle and lables dies- Spellbinders
Pearl bling- Hero Arts
Sentiment stamp- Hero Arts
DP- Imaginisce
Glitter- Stickles
My last card was made using my new Hero Arts stamp set. I think I just liked the font they used and the words are cute- nothing I had before. I decided to keep it simple this time and stick to the basics.
Supplies:
DP- Sorry! I can't find the paper company name! I'll re-post it when I find out!
Labels die- Spellbinders
Cardstock- Bazzil
Happy Happy Birthday stamp- Hero Arts
Gotta go get ready to take my daughter to the annual Easter Egg Hunt! Maybe I'll get another good picture again this year! (That picture still "cracks" me up!)

2 comments:

Denise said...

Thanks for sharing these wonderful projects. Love that owl bag, and the cupcake looks yummy! Have a happy Easter.

Linda said...

Hi Jenny! Happy Good Friday to you too! Oh, that owl bag is so cute! Love the cards too! Thanks for sharing your creations and enjoy your weekend - Happy Easter! xoxo, Linda