Thursday, September 30, 2010

Embossed Acetate Snowflake

Ta Da!!!! Michele at Island Scrapbooking told me never to heat acetate. Then I stumbled on a youtube video that shows you how to do emboss on acetate! I just had to try it and what do you know- it worked! Guess I lucked out and tried it out on some thicker acetate that I had. I love the look and dimension it gave this card. Sorry- I know its hard to see because the acetate reflects everything, so hopefully this next photo will help you to see it better. I added crystals to accent the rest of the card. Darn- forgot to show you the inside! When you open the acetate flap, it will then allow you to open the red card inside to reveal the sentiment. All I can say is that these photos don't make the card look too nice. Hopefully you can stop by the store and see them in person! Supplies:
  • Snowflake stamps- Hero Arts
  • Crystals- Kaisercrafts
  • Queens gold embossing powder
  • Ribbon
  • Acetate
  • Cardstock- Bazzil

5 comments:

Kelli said...

That's awesome! :D Someone is having fun crafting tonight ;)

Janis said...

Love it! Can you point out the name of the video? It looks like it's ready for Christmas!

Unknown said...

So beautiful :)

Linda said...

Woohoo! What a beautiful creation! You rocked this one Jenny! xoxo, L

Joy said...

Hey Jenny!

Another great card!It looks pretty good in the photos, so in person it must be awesome!

Thanks for experimenting and sharing how your techniques have come out!Hope you make more!

Have an great weekend!