Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Getting Messy w/Creative Chemistry

 OK- I'm not the neatest crafter... Ask my husband!!!  Yes, you can't see the top of my craft table, I do many tasks on my lap instead of on the table, and I rip my double stick tape instead of cutting!!  (I can see Cami and Kyoko cringing as I write this!).  But when it comes to crafting, I had a hard time letting my project look messy.  These tags were all made using some form of Perfect Pearls and I'm surprised that my tags came out looking like this.  I use mica powders a lot in my projects- they give a great subtle pearly/metallic glow that is not overpowering like if you emboss.  This time, I allowed myself to be as messy as I could to try to achieve the same look as Tim Holtz's tags. I think mine came out much more messier than his though.




Tag #1 is Distress sprays with Perfect Pearls added in.  I gotta say, this came out much nicer than I expected.  I tried to position the camera so you could see all the gold that was added via the spray. I mixed Vintage Photo w/water and gold PP.  Also mixed Broken China and gold for the blue areas. Then dried my tag and went around the edges with more Vintage photo.


Here's where I started getting more messy... This technique is called Perfect Distress. It's a bit hard to see, but I did try to get a good angle so you can see the pearly hue on the image.  You stamp w/Distress inks and then add a layer of PP, then spritz.


Here's where I get really messy... This is called Perfect Splatter Distress Technique.  Guess I got carried away with the "splatter" part!  Don't know if you can see too well, but after I had fun getting inky, I stamped the tree and went over it with more PP.  Then added a sentiment to finish up the tag.


Totally happy with my PP purchase!  It's great since it sets w/water, so it won't rub off your card like regular mica powder does.  More to share- check in again soon!

Stamps are by PTI and Stamper's Anonymous.  All ink and PP are by Ranger. 

1 comment:

Leanne said...

These are awesome too!
;)