Thursday, January 30, 2014

Lfundoo & Kiki's Epic Crafty Adventure Day 7: Dim Sum, Family Time, and The Trip Home

So after I got home, I was soooo busy with Sister Stamps that I didn't have time to even download the rest of the photos from my trip!  Now that the release is almost here, I had some time to focus on my last post of our Epic Crafty Adventure.

Our last day started with last minute packing and checking out of the hotel.  We still had some leftover cookies from the goodie bags that I was NOT going to take home with me, so we decided to give it to the valet guys since we saw them every day.  But after we called for a bellman to help us with our stuff, we decided to give it to him instead cause he was so helpful and friendly.  He was soooooo happy that we gave him cookies from Hawaii and told us we were his favorite.  Amazing what some aloha and cookies will do yah?  I highly recommend that you milk being from Hawaii whenever you travel because people are sooooo much nicer to you when you say you are from Hawaii!
After we checked out, we headed to my brothers to spend some time with them.  Since we had some time before the girls had to go to their lessons, we decided to eat some dim sum!  Yummy.  It's pretty crazy there... as soon as you get seated all the carts surround you and start asking you if you want what they have.  We weren't even seated yet and our table was already full.  Heck I don't even know what we ended up eating!


After lunch, we separated because my sister in law had to take my niece to her lesson first.  So me, Linda, my bro and his other daughter went to Trader Joe's since I still had to pick up omiyage.  Yes, I did.  I even left some space in my suitcase for it.  My Sister in law gave my brother a shopping list.. This is what we saw... Are we supposed to buy cats?  Hee hee. I think my niece got to the list first!


After a Trader Joe's haul, we headed back to my brother's so I could finish packing and relax a bit before our flight.  I noticed his new chandelier!  Can you believe he got it from costco?  Was only thinking of how I could make it shabby.


Also on the dining room table were the boxes I bought for the girls at a craft fair in Hawaii.  They were so cute I couldn't resist.  They were a bit pricey, but I just love them. I was happy to see that my nieces loved them too!  Inside I gave them some shave ice necklaces.


After some family time, we departed early because we still had to return the car and catch the shuttle to the airport.  Everything went by so fast that we were at the airport lounge before you knew it!  Here's what I saw from the lounge window.  The Hobbit Airplane!


And my ticket home.  Happy but sad our trip was going to end soon.


Here's our end of trip photo!  Exhausted but still being silly.


We took the late flight out of LA, so we caught an LA sunset.


And here's another selfie..  wonder who took this photo of us? hee hee


Aftere we got back to Oahu, we said our goodbyes and met our family.  Mom picked me up and I got to spend one more day with her before flying home to Hilo.  I started showing mom some of the stuff I bought and gave her some omiyage.  When I showed her the cute Hello Kitty bracelet I bought for myself from Target, she snaked it!  See!  Once she put it on she wouldn't take it off!



We decided to go eat breakfast at our favorite Breakfast restaurant in Kailua- Cinnamon's!  Since it was a weekday, there was no line.  Yay!  I think I was craving rice.


And mom had the Guava chiffon pancakes.  Yummy!  She asked for everything on the side but it was still yummy.


Later Mom took me to the airport where I discovered that my Rilakkuma doll was missing.  Hope someone gives him a good home.  Sniff sniff.


And here's my view on my way home....


Yay!  Got to see my family!  Was very happy to see those faces.  Missed them so much!  First thing off the plane we headed to the new yogurt place in town.  Sophia's in downtown is pretty good!


And had to share what my boxes looked like when they arrived.  Good thing it wasn't my project boxes!!!  Linda had worse luck than me. Her box was wet!

And the real Kiki missed me too.  Plopped herself on my lap when I came home.


Here we are two weeks later and I am still going through withdrawals from my trip.  I guess I had such a good time I can't even begin to tell you how much!  It's not just the shopping or the classes, it was all the fun people we met like the Prima Educators, (Hi Steffogal!) Sherry (Reese), Rina (Scrapstress), Marisa (Creative Young Mama), Ohaijoy, Leanne Poe, and everyone else along the way!  But most of all I think I miss being with my bestie Lfundoo!  Miss ya girly!  Had so much fun on this adventure.  Wouldn't trade it for the world.  Now if only we could convince Cami to join us next time!  Until next time!

4 comments:

Cami said...

The journal of your trip and all the experiences made me feel like I was tagging along with you gals! Thank you for sharing your life in California...so fun and interesting...and you gals are crazy shoppers! Can't wait to see you again!

Linda said...

Aww, Jenny, I feel the same way! I'm sad and happy at the same time! I'm still having withdrawals also and can't believe that it's the end of January already. I had the best time on our trip and I can't thank you enough for letting me tag along. See you soon! xoxo, Kimmie

eunice said...

Wow, what an AMAZING adventure you and Linda had together! You are both so lucky to have each other as friends! And always, I totally enjoy reading your travel logs...so much fun!

Lani ^_^ said...

Dimsum! YUM! Looks like your trip was a blast! :D