Sunday, March 3, 2013

Japan Haul: Nakamise Fans

Since I had gone to Japan a couple years ago, I didn't want to get the same stuff for the same people.  The last time I went, I got the girls at the shop washi paper, but this time I wanted to get something different.  Paul suggested I check out the fans at Nakamise.  I remembered seeing several kiosk's with them, so I did some price checking and found a very reasonable shop located in a more remote location.  I noticed the booths at the front are more expensive than the ones on the side streets.. and they sell the same stuff!

So here's the fans I chose.  They had so many beautiful ones, that I had a hard time picking.  I eventually had to ask the shop owner for help as all the fans were closed up and I couldn't seem to find the ones that looked like the samples on display.  He was very good at finding them for me, thank goodness... otherwise I'd still be there!


I like this one a lot... 



The butterflies are so pretty!


Also liked the sakura design on this one...


Thought this was need to add the orchid to the design...


Aahhh, more butterflies...


This one reminds me of washi paper...


I know I have bunny washi that looks like this!!


Another of my favorites, the Japanese dragonfly..


Darn it, now I wish I bought more!

2 comments:

Leanne said...

these are beautiful! too bad you can't make them yourself. hint hint. lol!
tfs!!

CoryHales said...

Can I use these fans for my favorite living room to put them on the wall? I have added all the furniture into it using https://planner5d.com/use/room-planner-tool/ , but the walls are still empty. It will be great finalization.