Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Shabby Camera

You may remember the camera box I made for my friend Les' birthday present?  That box idea was awesome, but I knew if I ever wanted to teach a class on it, I would have to make it more classroom-friendly.  Then I thought about how I used the Tim Holtz camera die for the layout that coordinated with the camera box, and thought I could use that for the front of the box instead.  After that, I found this YouTube video that did exactly what I was thinking!  She also made a mini album also using the same die.  I just her channel:  It's LiveLoveScrap in case you want to check it out.

Here's what I came up with using the same technique...  I really wanted to use the new Prima Hello Pastel collection that recently arrived at Island Scrapbooking.  Pastels are definitely my favorite, so I was happy to see these happy colors and thought they'd make a cute camera.  I started off by die cutting the camera, but I think next time I'll also cut one using chipboard so that its more stable.  Then I made the lens and embellished the inside using flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts, pearls and a butterfly using my MS punch.  Also used some pearl and rhinestone bling along with a Recollections gem and Doodlebug heart pearl accent.  On the top of the box, I used a couple of PTI buttons and added a flat pearl for the shutter.


Here's the back of the box.  Used a different paper from the collection since they all work together nicely.

Oh yah, don't forget the fringe from the Tim Holtz trims set.  I had a hard time using it on other projects but it worked nicely on this one.

And here's a shot of the box when it's open.


Here's a close up of the lens and the goodies inside.


I had so much fun making this simpler version of the box.  Less engineering involved but same great results!

Don't forget to check out the Sister Stamps blog for sneak peeks at our upcoming release!

7 comments:

Leanne said...

oh wow!! oh wow!! pretty!! this is fabulous Jenny!!

Cami said...

Beautiful! I love the "lens" part and all the goodies inside.! Class in Honolulu? Awwww, c'mon, Jenny! Skip the lunch and hold a class!

Linda said...

Love it! Bona does amazing stuff yah? It was her swap that I did the doll tags for. Swap - I make a desk organizer for you, you make a camera for me? Hahaha!

Linda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
eunice said...

wowie,zowie! Your camera box looks absolutely AWESOME! Love the colors and all the bling...rhinestones for the flash is fabulous...and I especially like the little shadowbox effect in the lens!!!

donna mikasa said...

That is pretty awesome! Such sweet papers!

~* steph :) *~ said...

very sweet and pretty! thanks for sharing and hope to meet up with you soon! *hugs* and much aloha, steph :)