Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Stampin Up Tip

I don't know about you, but I love Stampin Up stamps... I just wish they were available in clear or as a cling type instead of wood mounted. I recently bought the 5th Avenue Floral set (woo hoo!) and was ready to mount them on the wood, when I thought to myself... why can't I mount it on a cling? So I tried it out on the stamp I liked least and guess what... it worked! All you Stampin Up experts out there probably already thought of this, but I haven't seen it out there in blog land yet, so thought I'd share it with all of you.
All I did was peel off the paper from the stamp (Just love how these stamps come already cut!), stick it onto some EZ Mount, and cut EZ mount to fit the stamp. Its now ready to be used with your acrylic blocks! Yahoo! Now the only question is... what to do with all those extra wood blocks?

6 comments:

Michelle Alejandro said...

Thanks for the tip! I know, build a shelf to hold all of your stamps, that would work, lol!

Brenda said...

One of my favorite sets! TFS!

joni h said...

Thanks for the great tip! Paint the blocks & make them into those alphabet blocks! OR have a bon fire & make smores!

Joy said...

love the idea! the wood blocks are bulky and take up a lot of room! clings are easier to store. but that would be a lot of EZ mount I would need to buy for all my stamps...lol! TFS!

Waipahu CBDO dba Waipahu Community Coalition said...

thanks for the ideas! I nominated you for an award- it's on my blog. thanks for the inspiration!

Brenda said...

I have an award for you. Please stop by my blog to pick it up...

http://sweetasagumdrop.blogspot.com