Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Craft Night Make 'N Takes

Just thought I'd share with you the make 'n takes that we did at the last Craft Night at Island Scrapbooking. I used the Sizzix pie box die and stood it up so that the pont was facing upward. Its amazing how turning the die this way opened up so many more possibilities for using this die! We decided to go with the tree since it was a little easier to make. We used dew drops to decorate the tree and punched a star for the top. For the stump, we used either dove chocolates or peanut butter cups. The trees were filled with candy canes- basically everyone made their own favor from the party! One girl decided not to fill hers and use it as an ornament- I thought that was a good idea. Here's a close up of the tree. Akemi helped me decorate mine- we used this for the sample.
Here's where I got more creative. I actually saw a similar Santa in Paper Crafts Magazine, but it was a card. I just used my punches and cut them down a bit to fit better. As an afterthought, I asked Michele to emboss the beard with the swirls die- came out much nicer than the original. Everyone liked this idea too and wanted to copy it for future projects. I'm thinking there are other possibilities that I just haven't figured out how to do yet.
The other make 'n takes were by Tracy. She did a gift card holder AND a Christmas tag. I didn't write in the "to" and "from" so my tag in incomplete, but I just wanted to show it to you since it was very simple to make but I love the way it came out!
Thanks Tracy for hosting the other make 'n take! We had a fun time that night... we even swapped cards! I'll post mine later on. Have a great week!

No comments: