Friday, October 1, 2010

Tiddlyinks Challenge #23- Diamond Glaze/Crackle

This is my second post for today- please scroll down for my other post. When I first saw this image by Tiddlyinks called "Donna" (named after Donna Mikasa), I knew I had to get it. She's so cute! And I love her little frog friend with matching umbrella. Thanks Donna for requesting this image! Now we can all enjoy using it too. This week's Tiddlyinks Challenge is to use diamond glaze or Crackle on your project. Don't know if you can tell, but I used glaze on Donna's umbrella, raincoat and rubber boots. I guess glaze doesn't photograph well, so its hard to see on my photo. I also tried out this cool technique I found on Color Me Copic. It teaches you how to make a grassy background for your image. This was really fun and gave my card some life. I then added some distress ink for the sky using my blender and just dabbing the ink on. And for the inside of my card, I used this cute kids sentiment. I thought it matched the image perfectly! Supplies:
  • Donna image- Tiddlyinks
  • Diamond Glaze
  • Lacey Circle die- Spellbinders
  • Scallop border punch- Fiskars
  • Daisy chain punch- EK success
  • Sending Sunshine sentiment- Hero Arts
  • Kids quotes- Inkadinkado
  • Cherry blossoms- Wild Orchid Crafts
  • Swirl punch- EK Success
  • Crystals- Kaisercrafts
  • DP- Bo Bunny
  • Cardstock- Bazzil

6 comments:

Hazel said...

Beautiful card. I love the rainbow umbrella, its what ive always wanted,
Hazel

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals said...

I love the umbrella....my daughter has one just like it! :) And it does look all velvety from the glaze. :)

Such a cute card! :)

Joy said...

sweet card! never knew that's why this image was called "Donna" thanks for the insight! I bought this cutie too but didn't do anything with her yet. great glaze on the umbrella. have a good weekend!

bourbon fatal said...

oh this card looks really cute! :)

Loopylou. said...

oh so cute!!! thankyou for sharing i in the tiddly inks challenge this week, hugs Lou xxx

Nancy Thomas said...

Beautiful card - love the grass accents and the florals.