Friday, October 19, 2012

Attention Hilo Peeps!

It's almost here!  Tomorrow you can find me (and my friend Susan) at the first annual Waiakea Intermediate School Pumpkin Patch event!  There will be food, games, crafts, entertainment, and pumpkins (of course!).  The event starts at 9:00am and runs through 2:00pm.  The craft and food booths will be located around the library, which is located right behind the main office.  

The front lawn will house all the entertainment and the pumpkin patch.  I hear they will also have a petting zoo too, so Hilo folks- bring your family for day full of fun!

I've been busy trying to make some things before the fair.  Here's a sampling of what you can find at my booth. We will also have some fun treats for sale- just in time for Halloween!  Here's what I've been busy working on....

First up is my snowflake ornaments!  I made them in several pastel colors. I love snowflakes and was so happy to find the tutorial on youtube by CynthiaLooWho.


You may remember that I made my friends Linda and Cami  an easel message board/earring holder?  Well, I  modified it a bit based on these frames I found at Walmart.  They were perfect since it didn't contain any glass or acetate.  Now why would someone want an unfinished frame like that?  I guess I did!  Worked out great for me!


Here's the coasters I thought I'd try out.  Just cut up some of my precious washi paper and decoupaged it onto the tiles.  Also added some cork for the bottoms so it won't scratch your table.  Selling them in a set of 4.


Another fun project that I enjoyed making was this mini watering can pin cushion. I added in some of the stickpins I've been working on.  Had to give it a shabby chic touch by adding some beaded trim.


So if you have some time tomorrow- please stop by and say hi!

3 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Aw rats, I've been so crazy busy lately, I didn't see this till today. I'm sure you and Susan did well. ki

Leanne said...

Awww bummers!! I could have asked my mom to go! She's in Hilo right now. :(
These turned out beautifully Jenny! I bet they were a bit hit!
;)

Cami said...

SO MANY gorgeous items you made for the craft fair...Linda and I will just have to go to Hilo next year! I love the frame you made for me, and I'm drooling over the pin cushions!