Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Film Reel Mini

As I've said before, you need to check out Live Love Scrap's YouTube channel.  I saw this project and fell in love... I HAD to try it out.  I already loved the Picture Wheel die by Tim Holtz for my happy memories of my viewmaster, but when I saw her film reel project, I thought it was pure genius!

I used more of the Hello Pastel collection by Prima to cover the picture wheels I cut from chipboard.  Then I cut the toilet paper roll the size of the Tim Holtz filmstrip die and covered it with more paper and glued the two ends to the roll.  Then it was time to decorate!


I had fun using a variety of flowers by Prima, some flower trims by Sa Crafters, Wild Orchid Crafts and Prima butterfly.  I also splurged and used the Scrabble tiles I've been hoarding to spell Amore.

Here's a side view of the film reel.


I cut the filmstrip die out of more Hello Pastel paper and in each frame, spelled out I love you. Then I accented them with All Natural Accents flowers.

You can also fill the frames with small photos to make a mini album.  Love it!

2 comments:

Leanne said...

WHoa!! This is sooo cool Jenny! It's so girly and pure genius! Fabulous job!
xx

Linda said...

LOVE THIS! You totally should've joined Bona's swap at MSR!