Monday, March 18, 2013

Tanjobi Omedeto Debi!

Can't believe it's my friend Debi's birthday again!  Decided to actually make her something this time, so I spent some time deciding which project to make for her.  First of all, decided to try out my new Tim Holtz clipboard die that just came out.  I gotta admit, it's pretty cool!  You can actually make the clipboard work and insert a tag or gift card under the flaps.  I bought her a gift certificate online, so I hid it inside the pink card below.


Roses were from Wild Orchid Crafts and wish ticket is by Tim Holtz.  Love those tickets!  


 Added a pearl flourish by Recollections and a button (PTI) with some twine.


Here's the card assembled.


And here's the inside of the card... Don't laugh but I realized after I gave it to her that I forgot to sign it!!


The other part of her present was a shabby chic stacked book drawer!  Here's the front view.  I decided to change it a bit and insert a tin box on the top book. The other two books are drawers.


Here's the view from the top.  I used one of the Tim Holtz book plates and inserted the "dream" ticket.  Added more pearl flourishes and roses and a little acrylic butterfly.  Paper is by Pink Paislee (I think).


Here's a close up of the cover.

Here's the book spines.. Maybe I should've used something other than kraft cardstock.. kinda plain.


Here's the first book opened up.  because I wanted the book to open up, I had to add some seam binding to the inside in order to keep the book cover closed.


Inside the tin I cut some leaves out of burlap and used my distress stains on them.  Also included some Pebbles Inc. clothespins.


And finally- a look at the drawers.  Here's one of them with the goodies I included. One package is pearly roses and the other is white acrylic flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts.

She seemed to really like it.  So glad I made it for her.  Happy Birthday Debi!


2 comments:

eunice said...

Wow Jenny this drawer set turned out really pretty, I love how it's so unique...like a stack of books but with secret drawers and surprises...so cool!

Linda said...

I love your take on the stacked books - I can't wait to make a set! Lucky Debi!