Saturday, August 15, 2009

Hello Kitty Composition Books

I'm off to Maui to visit my sis who is visiting from Italy. Woo hoo! Taking Akemi with me so she can visit her Aunty Denise and Uncle Guido. I think they probably want to see her more than me! As you are reading this, I'm probably already there! Hope I can find some good craft stores in Maui!
Anyway, wanted to post this before I forget. I almost didn't post this since I didn't do a great job on it. Note to self... don't use mod podge again for this project! Thank you to Michele who gave me some of her contact paper that salvaged these books. I wanted to make something to give to my nieces in California and my sister's nieces in Italy. They are all about Akemi's age and all like Hello Kitty, so thought they would like something that has Hello Kitty and is personalized for them.
I've been seeing so many people posting these cute composition books on their blogs that I just had to try it myself. You can't beat the price of these... I think they were less than a dollar at Walmart, so I bought a bunch- not only for Akemi's school, but also to give as gifts. I'm also giving them a box of crayons that I got for only 20 cents each at Office Max! Love back to school sales!
Don't laugh at my photos. I had a hard time since my craft table was just too messy to take pictures of these books and the contact paper was reflecting off of my flash!
Supplies used:
Hello Kitty die- Sizzix
Eyelet border punch- Martha Stewart
DP- Imaginisce, Doodlebug Designs,
Curlz alphabet dies- Sizzix

4 comments:

joni h said...

these came out great! I know what you mean about the modge podge. The contact paper is the best. Have fun in Maui!

Michelle Alejandro said...

I think these are wonderful! Did you use clear contact paper? I usually use modpodge too....hmmmm.

Miura's Party Things said...

love them! yes even for my daughter's preschool books i used contact paper because it's less fuss and mess! they came out great!

Kyoko said...

Whoa sister, your nieces will LOVE their composition books. I've always wanted to make these altered CBs so I'm putting it on my list of projects to work on. TFS and have fun on Maui!