Thursday, August 13, 2009

Hi There!

I can't believe I forgot to post this card! I swear I took photos of this card already, but searched and searched my files and couldn't find it. So I took more photos tonight so I could finish my post...
I've seen this card done by Enjoli and Eunice and just couldn't figure it out! I finally asked Eunice if she could post a tutorial on this and she kindly referred me to a site where she retrieved the template: http://houseofstirfry.com/chia/templates/covslide.html Thank you Eunice!
Since I'd really rather just cut out my own template instead of having to feed it into the computer, I ended up taking the measurements for future reference.
I was just dying to use this template with my new Piggy stamp from the Fly Away set for this card. I cut the cloud out after embossing it with the swirls Cuttlebug embossing folder. To give the cloud a softer look, I used the Liquid Pearls to accent the swirls.
I really wanted to use the "Sending you sunshine and laughter" sentiment, but didn't have any sun stamps! So I made my own sun using Spellbinder dies. Don't you just love how they are so versatile?
Supplies used:
Fly Away stamp set (Pig, balloons)- The Greeting Farm
Sending you sunshine and Hi there sentiments- Hero Arts
Circle and Dhalia dies- Spellbinders
Swirls embossing folder- Cuttlebug
Cardstock- Bazzil
Markers- Copics
Stickles
Liquid Pearls

9 comments:

Tracy said...

I love this card! Too cute! It's all most FRIDAY!!!

joni h said...

Well done!! Love the piggy! Thanks for sharing the info on the tutorial! Going to check it out!

Enjoli said...

Omg! So cute!! I love how it came out. If you have a Cricut and Design Stuido I can send you the cut file. Just let me know. Hugs, Enjoli

eunice said...

Awww!Jenny, your covered slider card is absolutely the CUTEST! The liquid pearls on the clouds is a great idea...makes your card look so special!

Michelle Alejandro said...

This is so cute! Have never made one of these and think I will have to give it a try. Thanks for the link!

Joy said...

this is such a cute card! was it hard to make? I love how you pulled it out and the piggy pops out too! this is so sweet! TFS! have a great weekend!

Brenda said...

I love it! Especially the little piggy...

Jenny said...

Hi Everyone! Thank you for all your sweet comments. This card was pretty easy to make once you look at the template. If you haven't already looked at Enjoli's or Eunice's blog, you need to check out their versions! So cute!

Jenny

Kyoko said...

WOWEE, sooo cute! I'm scared to attempt to make this ... LOL! FAB JOB!