Saturday, August 1, 2009

RAKs For My IS Friends...

Every so often the Island Scrapbooking girls get together to share ideas, craft, and just have some good 'ol clean fun... Since I had to take off a couple of days last week for the Kindergarten schedule, I decided to take Akemi with me to "play" with my friends.
Since I knew all the girls could make it, I decided to make them a little something... Everyone knows by now that I'm a copy cat, so I used Teri's tutorial to create this cool CD holder. If you have not yet visited Teri's blog, you really need to. She has awesome tutorials and is so sweet to share her ideas with all of us. PLUS, its her b-day for about 30 more minutes, so you can wish her a happy b-day!
I just love this new DP from Bo-Bunny! I just had to use it for one of the holders- and naturally I thought of using H&G's Sing and Hula Anya. Not sure why, but they just match this paper.
For my next one, I just had to one of my Dandelion Designs stamps. I really like this paper too, but I don't think IS can bring it in anymore (darn! Should've bought more when I had the chance!) Ribbon is by Bo Bunny and flowers I got from Creations By You.. years ago. I can't recall what company that was by.
Here's Lilly again... Definitely one of my favorites from Pink Cat Studio. I tried blending her dress and wings using my copics. Still practicing but I'm slowly getting it... I also used these pretty flowers by Prima.
Do you love the color combo? I saw it somewhere on the SU website and couldn't stop thinking about it. Which brings me to my next one... I used the same colors but reversed it... You can't really tell from the photo but I popped up the flowers so they stand out a bit. 5th Ave. stamp set is by Stampin Up. This is my favorite set from them.
Finally, I really wanted to use the Cup of Stuff set by TGF. These mice are so cute. Oh yah- the butterfly punch is by Martha Stewart. I love how you get 2 sized butterflies in one punch.
Other supplies used:
Markers- Copics
Spellbinder Nestabilities
Carstock- Bazzil
Thanks for stopping by! Hope you are having a great weekend!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Very cute!!! You were on a roll with the cd holders! I'll be there next month towards the ending of Sept. both me and Jean from Dandelion.

Joy said...

you go girl! you have been busy making so many cards! they are just darling! love all your images you used and those flowers! I can't seem to get enough of those flowers! have a great Sunday!

Waipahu CBDO dba Waipahu Community Coalition said...

beautiful CD holders- your shading is great on the Lily stamp! I have yet to make a CD holder- printed out the tutorial, but I have so many things to try and make ;)