Sunday, March 7, 2010

Double Shaker Love

I looked at the Martha Stewart microbeads I bought earlier and never used and decided it was time to bust them out and actually use them. These microbeads come in a cute container that is user friendly (kinda like a salt/paper shaker but with a cover). I only bought a few colors, but I'm thinking I should go back and get the whole set. So I decided to tackle that double shaker box again... I've only made that once and it was a lot of work, so I haven't really been motivated to do it again till now. Joy (A Place to be Me) and Teri (Big Ideas From A Little Girl) make it seem so easy to make! Anyway, I had some extra fun foam, so I thought it would be fun to try to make it again. In the back layer, I used dew drops- which seem to work well. The first one I made I put in flowers, but the flowers don't seem to move around that nicely. Maybe it was the type of flowers I used. Anyway, I wanted the "shaker" effect, so I used dew drops, which worked out much bettter. This photo shows you that its a shaker box better than the first photo.
Supplies: Miss Anya Love and friend stamp- The Greeting Farm Microbeads- Martha Stewart Crafts Dew Drops Markers- Copics Ribbon DP- Doodlebug and Best Creation Cardstock- Bazzil

3 comments:

1LuvnMama said...

Looks good to me gf! Wonderful workmanship! :) Hope you're having a wonderful Sunday!

Maylee said...

O how cute Jenny! I have to try to make one again, it's been awhile. TFS!

Cyndi said...

very nice double shaker card! i still haven't tried it...but i think i've been motivated now with everyone trying it!