Monday, March 8, 2010

Two Scoops Rice- Inspiration Challenge

Have you ever been inspired by something? Well Maylee was this month's Challenge host for Two Scoops Rice and she chose this pillow from Crate and Barrel as our source of inspiration. We had to come up with a card/project that was inspired by this pillow. I found this exremely challenging since the colors are so dark, and I'm used to working with lighter colors. I know, you are thinking... that's why they call it a challenge! Right??
So here's the first card I came up with. Luckily, I found some DP that matched the look of this pillow! Its by My Little Shoebox and I loved it when I first saw it, but couldn't seem to figure out how to use it, so it just stayed in my drawer, until now.
Since the DP had flowers on it, I initially thought of using this cute bee stamp by TSR. Isn't it cute? Somehow I didn't do the bee justice though. I think it might be a junk layout that I used. I'm sure you can do better! If you want to enter this challenge, check out the Two Scoops Rice blog for more info.
Here's a close up of the bee...
Ok- so I knew I could a little better, so I decided to ink up one of my favorite fairies. This set comes with 3 fairies all holding different flowers (same pose). To add more drama, I cut black cardstock using my nesties and layered it on some bright yellow DP. I like how this one came out better. What do you think?
Here' s a close up of this cute fairy.
So come on and join the fun! The winner of this challenge will win a prize from Two Scoops Rice (and bragging rights too). You will have 2 weeks to submit your entry-please post the link to your entry on the Two Scoops Rice Challenge post. Good Luck! Can't wait to see all of your projects!

4 comments:

Joy said...

love those TSRDs! they are so cute! love that you found DP to match. great take on the challenge. hope you have a great week.

1LuvnMama said...

Hey Jenny!
You just couldn't stop at one card huh! Such a craft-a-holic! :) Luv your cards with the the perfect DP for this challenge! :) I'm thrilled to be your OCS partner this month! Woohoo!

Michelle Alejandro said...

So cute Jenny! What a great inspiration! The dp matches almost exactly! So cute!

Hugs,
Michelle

Enjoli said...

Hi Jenny,
Love both of your cards! They are both so cute! Great job on the challenge! =) Hope you have a great week.

Hugs,
Enjoli