Monday, March 15, 2010

Happy Birthday Aunty!

Yes, its been another busy week for us... After last weekend's baby shower for my cousin, my sister and mom flew to Hilo for a short visit.. then we went back to Honolulu for my Aunty's 60th Birthday party. We tried to make it a surprise, but she said she suspected it. Oh well, at least we tried.
I guess I've been so busy, I didn't take a photo of the invitation I made... but the card I made (shown here) is pretty similar to the invite. I decided to make it an easel card, but needed to also make it a gift card holder... so I just added a pocket so that I could slip the gift card into the pocket.
Here's what the card looked like opened...
I also took a photo of the gift card holder part. Here's a photo of the favors I made (with the help of my DH). We decided to go with the take out box since the theme was Year of the Tiger. I really like the spellbinder die I used here- reminds me of asian stuff, so I thought it matched the theme. BTW, the tiger was drawn and colored my my sister! Isn't it awesome? Thank you Denise! I had such a hard time finding a tiger to use for the party stuff, so I asked my sis to design something for me and this is one of the designs she came up with. Thank goodness she colored them on the computer too, so it was less work for me.
I'll post more stuff soon... I'm exhausted!
Supplies:
Take out box- Sizzix
Labels die- Spellbinders
Cardstock- Bazzil

2 comments:

Joy said...

such a cute card and the favors were darling! love that image...as it is the year of the Tiger! that's me =) wonderful stuff! TFS!

Cyndi said...

super cute projects! that tiger is cute too! tfs!