Sunday, March 22, 2009

Hello Kitty Baby Shower!

Hi Everyone! Had to wait until the baby shower was over to post these photos. Didn't want to spoil the surprise for everyone, right? Here's some of the stuff I made for the shower. We knew it was going to be a girl, so naturally we decided to go with a Hello Kitty theme. The mom-to-be said she liked Hello Kitty, so we went for it! In addition to buying her a Hello Kitty crib set, mobile, towel set and blanket, we also made a lot of the prizes ourselves...
First of all, here's the card for the group gift. I couldn't wait to use my new Hello Kitty Sizzlit where she's holding a flower. The cardstock is by Bazzil (bling), and the DP is by Imaginisce- I think this is my new favorite paper company! The green scallop border you see is actually paper frills from Doodlebug Designs. I keep forgetting to use them, so I decided to take them out of its hiding place- that seemed to work because I finally remembered I had them.
Here's a close up of Hello Kitty...
Since we had all chipped in for a group gift, I thought it would be nice to make her something for the baby's room or her desk- its sad when you have to go back to work, so I thought this might cheer her up when she starts missing the baby... I used an 8x8 shadow box frame (not shown here because the flash made it impossible to see the layout). The cardstock is again Bazzil (bling) and Imaginisce. The Hello Kitty Fairy die looked like an angel to me, so I typed the words "Mommy's Little Angel" and cut it and the scalloped oval out using my Spellbinders dies. The Hello Kitty's clothes is cut from Swiss Dot paper, which I thought was the perfect print for her dress. Now all she has to do is add the 4x6 photo when the baby arrives and its done! I'm tempted to make one for myself!
After seeing so many examples of these large paper clips, I just had to try my hand at them. Since it was a Hello Kitty shower, I decided to use just the Hello Kitty Sizzlit Head die. I cut two of each so that you could look at the image from either side and mounted them with pop dots (alright, I admit it was actually the rubbish part of the pop dots, you know... the area surrounding the pop dot?) and glued the paper clip on with the E6000 glue. It was pretty fast to make and came out cute. I paired them with the coordinating covered notebook for a matching set. Remember the notebook I posted a few weeks ago? Well, I thought it was a cute idea, so I covered a few leftover notebooks I had and decorated them with the new Hello Kitty Sizzlit dies. Since the notepads are on the small side, the Sizzlit size fit the notebook better. I forgot to take a photo of all 4 notebooks I made, but here they are with the coordinating paper clip.
Paper used in this design is by Bo Bunny Press. The bottom two used paper from Imaginisce. All bling used was from Hero Arts. Again, all Hello Kitty dies are by Sizzix and the ovals/scallop ovals are from Spellbiniders. I found the larg paper clips from Walmart.
And last but not least... Here's the favors we worked on. I CASE'd the idea from Chery's blog (Life is Sweet). She made a box using the Sizzix XL Big Cuts die. The box has a window cut out, so we used acetate for the window. The Hello Kitty's were cut using a Sizzix die and we paper pieced all parts together. The box cover is kept open to support Hello Kitty. The Kitties were stuffed using baby bottle candy.
Finally, my friend who wrapped the group gifts asked me to make some Hello Kitty tags to decorate the wrapping since we couldn't find wrap with Hello Kitty on it. Here's what I came up with for one of the gifts. Its in a rather large bag, so I had room to play with. Each scalloped circle was cut from Spellbinders and the "Baby" letters were cut from the Hello Kitty Font Cricut cartridge. The paper used was Bazzil (Bling), and of course Hello Kitty Sizzlits die- its actually the Hello Kitty with the flower, which is a whole body, but I cut off her head (poor kitty yah?) so she would fit in the circle.
Here's a close up of the Hello Kitty.
We had a blast at the shower. It was nice to see Iris again! Can't wait till she gives birth so we can see the baby. Hope everyone likes all the Hello Kitty stuff!
Here's a close up of one of the paper clips..

6 comments:

Laura said...

Everything is so cute! I'm helping with a baby shower for my girlfriend, she's having twins, a boy and girl, but she wants HK theme. What's the name of the die that you used for the favors? I've seen it before and now I think I need to get it.

Jenny said...

Laura,
If you are wondering about the Hello Kitty die, its an Original Sizzix. The box is an XL Sizzix die. It cuts out a hole, so I covered it with acetate. Email me if you need more info.

Jenny

Denise said...

OMGoodness, you sure were busy! These Hello Kitty creations are all so adorable. I just them all. Great creations.

Anonymous said...

Very nice ;-)

regards,

http://hellokitty.coolstart.nl/

Les said...

OH DA CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE!!!!

JanJan808Kreate said...

Hello...I just started my blog...luv all of your HK kreationz...please feel free to follow me as well...will post more pics up soon...can't wait to see more of your projects.