Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Thank You Card

I made this card for a co-worker who recently moved to another department. Actually, this was supposed to be a Farewell Card, but I didn't have any Sayoonara or Goodbye stamps, so I decided that Thank You was also appropriate since we were also thanking the person for all that he did for us. This card was very simple to make- the washi paper was mounted on black cardstock and then again on the white card. The Thank You stamp (Inkadinkado) was stamped in gold and then embossed in clear on black cardstock. I then cut out the embossed image and mounted it on gold cardstock. The washi paper was so nice that there wasn't much more to add to the card without taking away from the beautiful design. Guess even I needed a break from Hello Kitty. Although... if it was a girl who had left instead of a guy, she would have probably gotten a Hello Kitty on her card!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

That's very pretty! Perfect for a guy. I know, I get tired of putting the kitty together too but it's too cute to stop making it.

Denise said...

That is a nice card. Love how you created it,and the paper is so pretty. I had to laugh about the Hello Kitty remark you made.