Monday, March 2, 2009

Island Scrapbooking Class

On March 26th (Kuhio Day), I will be teaching my first class! I'm excited but also very nervous. Anyway, here are class samples. They are at the store now, so if you stop by you can see them better.
The Easter basket is made using the Sizzix XL take out box die. I just cut off the flaps so it looked more like a basket. The handle is a Sizzix flowers die- I wove a ribbon through the holes of the flowers to make it more sturdy. I borrowed this technique from Cheryl of Life is Sweet. She was doing a make-n-take at Ben Franklin and I just loved the idea! Thanks Cheryl! The pastel poka dot paper is by doodlebug. The bunny is a Sizzix Hello Kitty die. I think her name is Kathy. The eggs were made using an old egg punch that I had.
The Easter card was made using the same bunny Sizzix die and same doodlebug paper. The Happy Easter was printed on the computer and cut out using the oval Spellbinders nestabilites and the oval scallop nestabilities.
Don't forget to stop by their Spring Cleaning sale on 3/21. I think it will be crazy that day. I'll be selling some of my old stamps and dies that I no longer use. You can also sell your old stuff at the sale. Visit the Island Scrapbooking blog for more info (see my blog list).

3 comments:

Denise said...

Such a cute & sweet project!!! Wish I could attend the class.

Laura said...

They're so cute! I love the sparkly paper too.

Les said...

you gotta come home and do a class! I'll easily find people to come!!!